Today Eddie went back to Motorola here in Sao Paolo and overall he's had a successful and beneficial visit. He was able to observe the call center and also to help them get the full functionality of the RightNow chat product they are using. Both RightNow Technologies and Motorola will benefit from his visit.
While Eddie was working, I went to the Museu de Arte de Sao Paolo and saw a special exhibit by a photographer. It's pretty cool that both museums I have visited here had special photography exhibits! Today was a free entry day so I had to wait in line a bit and there were a couple of school groups, but I'm still glad I went.
After Eddie got back to the hotel we headed out to find the Cathedral of Se and Parque de Luz. For this little excursion, we rode the Metro. It's always fun to try to figure out the "process" for using mass transit in a large international city. This one was pretty easy and we only had to make one transfer (and it was also easy to find the second train!). The area around the Cathedral and the park is totally different from the Jardim Paulista area where we are staying. One thing that I will not miss from here is that there are just SO MANY people! Everywhere! No space, no quiet...I suppose I've been in Montana for too long already.
The outside of the Museu de Arte de Sao Paolo
The Cathedral of Se
Hords of people waiting at the Luz train station we walked through on the way to the Parque de Luz (not the Metro station). After we got back to the hotel, we went to find something to eat. One thing that was different about this trip and our month-long trip to Greece last summer is that we only ate out a couple of times before we got to Sao Paolo and both times we didn't have to order ourselves. So, it's been interesting to try and order! We can understand a few words and we can speak a few phrases. Sometimes we can even figure out what they're trying to ask us but it takes us a long time to process what we've heard.
This trip has been so wonderful in so many ways. It has changed us in some ways and made us thankful in other ways. Perhaps we were used as a vehicle to help someone else change. We both said tonight that we are ready. Ready to come home.
This trip has been so wonderful in so many ways. It has changed us in some ways and made us thankful in other ways. Perhaps we were used as a vehicle to help someone else change. We both said tonight that we are ready. Ready to come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment