It's been decided. After much contemplation, Eddie has chosen the Corinthians (the "th" is pronounced as a "ch"). For those non-Brazilian futebal fans out there, that's the soccer team that Aaron roots for here in Brazil. The decision was made final by way of purchasing a Corinthians t-shirt as a souvenir. I urged him towards Corinithians considering we are staying in the home of a huge Corinithians fan. Also, they are playing in the championship for the Brazil Cup (so it's always good to go with the winners, right?). As I'm sure many of you know, futebal (fuch-e-bal) is huge here...it's an interesting sport but I'm not really won over.
Anyway, we have begun our last week here in Cubatao. We'll be leaving to go to Sao Paolo for a few days this Saturday (Eddie has a work related visit to do at Motorola Brazil which is located there in Sao Paolo). I have my final photography class tonight and Eddie has his final computer class tomorrow night. We are combining both of our classes for a party on Thursday night as sort of a farewell party. This week is going to be a busy one considering we were invited to a home tonight after class and then to another home tomorrow after class and Eddie is giving his second "private" lesson to Roberto, a member of Vida em Cristo.
In my class tonight, I plan to talk to the kids to see how they've enjoyed the class and learning photography. Also, I hope to talk to the kids about why we came all the way here to Brazil to teach our classes. I hope it'll get them thinking about their own lives and how they can be used by God to maybe make a difference in someone else's life.
That's all for now! Thanks for reading and praying!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment