Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last Day in Cubatao (Friday)

Last Friday was our last day in Cubatao. We spent it saying goodbye to some of the people we had met, hanging out with some of the "youth" (Luciana, Darcio, Clara, and some others), and we ended it with a trip to Boi Bom (A Brazilian Churrascaria). Here are a few photos from our last day:

Friday morning, we said goodbye to Artlet, a woman from Vida em Cristo.

Our awesome new Brazilian friends (Cariocas - from Rio de Janeiro) Adriana & Anderson at Boi Bom.


The last night with our amazing and wonderful host, Cris. (At Boi Bom)

After we got back from Boi Bom, it was pretty late but Roberto had been calling to say he had a gift to give to me before we left. Roberto is the guy Eddie gave computer lessons to. He was highly disappointed to hear that Eddie had become a Corinthians fan because he is a Santos fan. He joked that he would buy me a Santos t-shirt in order to balance things out in our marriage. Well...he was actually serious. Here we are with the Santos shirt he bought for me! I think he really just likes to give Aaron a hard time and I know he'll rub in the fact that I now own a Santos shirt!


Eddie wanted to get a photo with Roberto also. He said he really looked forward to our coming back and having us in his home more next time.

Just a few minutes before Cris left on Saturday (and before we left to head to Sao Paolo), Diva (pronounced Giva) stopped by to pick up Cris. Saturday was the day of the "bazaar" at Vida em Cristo. Diva is a woman from the church who is very much part of the church as a whole. She didn't want to have her picture taken because she said she wasn't dressed nicely but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a photo to remember her by. Eddie & I look pretty haggard also from lack of sleep but I wanted to get a photo of as many people as possible.

Yesterday we arrived in Sao Paolo and besides a little walking around the area to see what's near, we didn't really do much. We were both really tired. Today, however, we went exploring to find a big park Eddie thought was near our hotel. We found it! It's sort of like the Central Park for Sao Paolo, but not near as big I don't think. We also wanted to find the Musuem of Art Moderna there in the park and guess what...Sundays are free! Yay! It's not near as big as I thought it would be...it's kind of small actually. The only exhibit there was actually photography! It was very cool to see actual prints from several of the photographers I studied just this past semester in my Recent History of Photography class.The walk to the park and around the park and back was pretty long, so we're pretty worn out again today. There was a HUGE gay pride parade on one of the main avenues near here, so we tried to stay away from that street...lots and lots and lots of people drinking, etc, etc.

Here are a couple of photographs from today:


Tomorrow the guy from Motorola Brazil is going to pick up Eddie at 1:00 (I wonder if it'll actually be 1:00...I've read and heard that Paulistas are actually on-time people...especially when it comes to business) so I'm not sure what I'll do in the afternoon. I'm going to spend some more time reflecting on the trip. Please continue to pray for our new friends and their lives. Pray that maybe even just one thing we said will make a difference to them and that they will have opportunities in their life to do something amazing.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment