



Today was Praia (Beach) Day, but before I get to that...I posted a few photographs above that I promised in a previous post...I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles so here you go... ;)The top photograph is another image of the youth house (A Rocha) with a couple of kids in front of it walking to school around noon. The second image is Lucas playing one of the games before the "lesson" on Wednesday night at church. Lucas broke his arm recently playing soccer...but we said we didn't think you were supposed to use your arms playing soccer. Then we realized he was the goalie and that the ball did not get past him so we congratulated him! He will be in both of our classes so it was good to get to know him a bit.
The third photograph is the youth meeting on Wednesday night in the upper room of the church that's designated for the kids. The fourth photograph is Aaron teaching and the final image is Menezes (who speaks English and may translate for me). I believe Menezes was naming off the American NBA stars he knows. ;)
The past two days we have had absolutely beautiful weather! Blue skies, lovely temperatures...just awesome. Yesterday we were able to visit the "feira", or the street market that comes once per week on Thursday. We picked up fresh mangoes, papayas, guava, and a few other things. We learned that there are actually nine different varieties of bananas. I thought there was only "Chiquita" or "Dole". haha. Also yesterday, we visited a few more spots on Santos including the fish market there. It puts the Pike Place Market in Seattle to shame. I discovered (at the Feira) that you can actually buy Pirhana to cook. Hmmm. Not sure if I'd want that. You couldn't be too sure what it had nibbled on.


Finally...on to today. It was another beautiful day today without a cloud in the sky so Cris and Aaron took us to the beach. It was a lovely day indeed. Eddie and I have a tradition of taking our own photograph wherever we go, so here's the one from the beach today:
This is the "low" season since it's winter here so the beach was not crowded at all. Personally, I think this would be the best time to go. It's not too hot and humid and all the tourists are gone!We're gearing up to start classes on Monday. Tomorrow we are invited to go to Anderson's birthday party bar-b-que (a guy from Vida em Cristo) and then Sunday is church.
Alrighty, that's all I have for today. Obrigada (thank you) for reading!
I look forward to each day and reading about what you are doing. Next best thing to being there. Love the photo's also. You seem to be enjoying the time there.
ReplyDeleteLove You,
Mom