Friday, May 29, 2009

Photography Class & Feira Photographs

Here are a few photographs from the feira (market) yesterday and the photography class last night:
Jonatas - a new student last night and a friend of Darcio's

Bartolomeu - another new student

Allexsey

Allexsey concentrating hard on his composition

Ayrton checking out his image. I have nicknamed him "Bob" because his name is so difficult for me to pronounce. It started out as a joke but it's sort of stuck because I think he kind of likes it. Well, at least he doesn't mind it...I asked to make sure!

Darcio was my translator last night since Menezes had to take an exam. He did an excellent job! I could speak very naturally with him and it was more like he was teaching along side me instead of simply translating. I told him he did a great job and he modestly replied "I'm trying". I thought he did an amazing job!
"Bob" and Jefferson thinking hard about their photograph. Jefferson seemed to follow him around last night so I hope to get him to find his own photographs next week. ;)

Cris & Aaron stopped by the club last night with Nicolas so I snapped this photograph of him while the kids were photographing. They were going around visiting friends from the church last night since Aaron is preparing to fly to the U.S. today for a few weeks for classes.

Before the kids got their hands on the cameras last night, I had them go around using a "framing device" to practice making compositions within the cut out frame before they actually photographed. Here's Allex working with the frame, although he has it folded in half for some reason.

I forgot to mention that we tried this drink at the feira yesterday. I forgot what it's called (Eddie could surely tell me but he's not here at the moment) but it's just sugar cane juice with lime. Oh so yummy! They juiced the sugar cane right there in front of us so it was as fresh as fresh can be! I thought it would be extremely sweet but it wasn't. The lime added an awesome flavor!

Just some of the yummy fruits at the feira.

Well, that's all the photographs I'm going to post from yesterday. It started raining yesterday and hasn't really stopped (just a light drizzle right now) so I hope our visit to the "farm" is not cancelled. Have a great day everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment